Below is an outline of the 2013 Wine Blog Awards process:
- The awards are open to any English-language wine blog located anywhere in the world.
- The awards will be presented live at the Wine Bloggers Conference, during the Saturday June 7th awards dinner in Penticton, British Columbia.
- The nomination period will start a couple months before the conference and run March 25 to March 31st, 2013. Nominations are open to the public and will be made via this website. Each blog nominated for a category will be included in the selection process; additional nominations for a blog in the same category will have no effect, so once a blog is nominated for a category there is no reason to nominate it again.
- A panel of expert judges will evaluate all the nominated blogs for each category during the month of April 2013 and will select the top five blogs in each category. These judges are all volunteers and put in loads of hours reviewing the many nominated blogs.
- The public will be given the opportunity to vote for the finalists of each category from May 10th – 17th.
- Each category winner will be chosen based on 50% of the input coming from the judges and 50% coming from the public vote.