Please note the 2017 Wine Bloggers Conference will take place November 9 – 12 in Santa Rosa, California. We will update the 2017 awards process below in the coming months. Below is an outline of the 2016 Wine Blog Awards process:
- The awards are open to any English-language wine blog located anywhere in the world.
- The nomination period runs from April 1 – 15. Nominations are open to the public and will be made via this website. A person nominating a blog will be required to refer to three sample posts that exemplify the blog. To be apprised of nomination periods and other news, simply add your email in the Stay Up to Date box to the right (or add your blog to our Complete List of Wine Blogs).
- A panel of expert judges will evaluate all the nominated blogs for each category and will select the top five blogs in each category. These judges are all volunteers and put in loads of hours reviewing the many nominated blogs.
- The public will be given the opportunity to vote for the finalists of each category in from June 2-13
- Each category winner will be chosen based on 50% of the input coming from the judges and 50% coming from the public vote.
- The awards will be announced on June 15th via a blog post on this site, almost two months prior to the Wine Bloggers Conference.
- Winners in attendance at the 2016 Wine Bloggers Conference will receive their physical awards in a special Wine Blog Awards Ceremony at the conference and sit on a panel of award winners.